Jeanette Wilson Events Officer
Accommodation Manager- Bangor University
Rheolwr Llety- Prifysgol Bangor
What do you enjoy most about working in student accommodation?
Meeting new students and seeing them fully immerse themselves into student life. Also, being able to help them when they experience various difficulties.
Can you provide details about a specific student accommodation project that you’ve been involved in, that you’re really proud of?
The development of a new student village in 2015 – St. Mary’s Village has approx. 650 rooms of different types – Townhouses, Studio’s and various sized en-suite accommodation with communal learning spaces and student lounges and much, much more.
What does ASRA mean to you?
A community of likeminded colleagues there to offer support, share best practise and mutually learn new concepts from each other.
What is your best ASRA memory?
Ohhh there are so many to choose from. Let me see, these aren’t in any particular order: I think the photo booth at the ball in Belfast, the Rock ’n’ Roll bingo in the Celtic Manor networking event and the fun fair at Brighton pier are my top three!
What does the Events Office do?
- Assist in the organisation of events and training throughout the regions.
- Act as the primary contact and support on the management committee for the regional representatives.
- To assist in the organisation of the ASRA annual conference.
Full descriptions of roles and responsibilities can be found in the member's area.
- Read Next
- Jennie Mort (Sovereign Conference), Administrator Meet the new Northern Rep - Katy Lemmon Northern Representative Katy Lemmon
- November Regional Meetings - Save The Dates! What's on: #ASRAhour October The benefits of becomming an ASRA Member... Welcome your new ASRA Regional Reps! Regional Meetings June 2023: In Pictures