ASRA Training Officer
Halls Manager- University of Wolverhampton
What do you enjoy most about working in student accommodation?
I love being able to help students achieve their goals and see them grow from their first year away from home through to them gaining their degree and growing into a confident adult.
Can you provide details about a specific student accommodation project that you’ve been involved in, that you’re really proud of?
My Line Manager and I grew the Halls Team from just ourselves. It has evolved to a team that now deals with student support on a range of issues, from those who have mental health issues through to disputing a charge of damage. The team has grown in confidence and has been an integral part of the Accommodation Office. I am so proud of what all of us have achieved in the department.
What does ASRA mean to you?
ASRA means that there are a lot of people available to help when you are struggling and you know that other people are dealing with the same concerns. It makes you realise that we're all in the same boat and we don’t feel alone.
What is your best ASRA memory?
There are so many! Each year brings a new memory and it keeps getting better and better! If you had to push me, I would go with the 2017 Annual Conference in Brighton, the whole event, the location, even the weather played its part! The members going on the fair rides…classic! “People who have fun, get more done!”
What does the Training Officer do?
- Identify the training needs of ASRA members
- To maintain existing and foster new links with training providers.
- To identify regional training needs.
Full descrition of roles and responsibilities can be found in the members area.
- Read Next
- ASRA in University Business Magazine, February 2017 The ASRA Mailbase
- August 2018! ASRA in the news! ASRA management meetings: behind the scenes Member Spotlight: Paula Dalziel, Manchester Metropolitan University Jennie Mort (Sovereign Conference), Administrator July 2018! ASRA in the news: Futureproofing ASRA! June 2018! ASRA in the news! ASRA celebrates 21st Birthday at our Annual Conference 2018!