We know your privacy means a lot to you, and as an individual you put a lot of trust in us when it comes to your personal information. ASRA promises:
- to apply all the safeguards we need to protect your data – physically and digitally.
- to collect only the information that we need to provide our service to you.
- to only allow highly trained members of the team access to your data. Even then, they only see what they absolutely need to.
- to only share your data with third parties if you’ve told us we can, have to by law or have let you know previously that we need to.
This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you. We are required to notify you of this information under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this notice and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you. The most recent version of this notice will always be available on our websites.
Who Collects the Information?
ASRA is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our privacy statement and data protection policy.
We may collect the following information from you either directly when you register to use our services and/or from your use of our services and websites:
- Name and contact details (email address, telephone number, postal address) and payment details.
- Computer addresses such as IP address, and where appropriate your device’s MAC address.
- Computer information related to your use of our websites using cookies or other anonymous identifiers (geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
How we Collect information
We may collect this information directly from you using online registration forms or telephone calls.
Why we collect the information and how we use it
ASRA will use the information you provide to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. You can hear from us:
- by Email
- by Post
How we may share information
Your membership and contact details will never be passed to a third party. However, from time to time ASRA may wish to notify you of an event or related product/service from third parties, which has been vetted as being appropriate.
Where your information may be held
As a member of ASRA, your personal data will be held on a secure server at a data centre in Manchester, UK processed by Campuslife.
Your right to correct, access and request erasure of your information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, whose contact details can be found below if you would like to request access to or correct information that we hold relating to you (in accordance with applicable law and subject to identity verification), or if you have any questions with about this notice.
You also have the right to object to processing of your personal information, or to ask us to restrict processing your information as well as requesting portability of your data.
You also have the right to ask us for information that we hold and process about you to be erased (the ‘right to be forgotten’) in certain circumstances. We will provide you with further information about the right to be forgotten if you ask for it.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.