ASRA Communications and IT Officer
Off Campus Student Affairs Officer- Manchester Student Homes (on behalf of The University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University)
What do you enjoy most about working in student accommodation?
Every day is different and it’s a great opportunity to work with a wide range of partners. In my case, the Council, Police, Students’ Unions and many more, to enhance the student experience. Working alongside our accredited landlords here at MSH means we have the opportunity to make sure students can access fair and safe housing and that’s really important.
Can you provide details about a specific student accommodation project that you’ve been involved in, that you’re really proud of
I’m really proud of our 'Halls2Home' campaign which supports students pre, during and post their transition from Halls of Residence, into their home in the private rented sector. We are passionate about ensuring students integrate with the local community and really enjoy their time off campus. This campaign is the first if its kind in the UK and offers advice on guidance on range of issues, from safety, managing bills, waste and recycling- it's got it all!
What does ASRA mean to you?
ASRA means that if I ever get stuck with a challenge, all I need to do is pick up the phone or send a message via the JISC Mail and someone out there will be able to help. It's about a strong partnership and a consistent support mechanism that never lets you down.
What is your best ASRA memory?
Haaaaaa! Getting elected as Communications and IT Officer of course #VotePoppy!
What does the Communications and IT Officer do?
- Website and social media administration
- Communications and IT strategic development
- Promotion of Annual Conference
Full description of roles and responsibilities can be found in the members area.
- Read Next
- Jennie Mort (Sovereign Conference), Administrator
- Member Spotlight: Paul Burns, Accommodation Office Manager, The University of Manchester August 2018! ASRA in the news! ASRA management meetings: behind the scenes Member Spotlight: Paula Dalziel, Manchester Metropolitan University Jennie Mort (Sovereign Conference), Administrator July 2018! ASRA in the news: Futureproofing ASRA!