ASRA Events Officer
Operations Manager, Sanctuary Students.
What do you enjoy most about working in student accommodation?
No two days are the same. It can be challenging and fast-paced but I really enjoy the environment and the high standard of services we deliver as a team.
Can you provide details about a specific student accommodation project that you’ve been involved in, that you’re really proud of?
I oversaw the full refurbishment of a scheme that had 212 beds, 57 bathrooms, 27 kitchens and a study room in traditional halls of residence. We had 9 weeks to deliver this development over the summer period. It was close to the wire but we completed it for student arrival! The results were fantastic and we had great feedback from students.
What does ASRA mean to you?
Time to catch up with friends and colleagues! Networking, sharing experiences and best practice. ASRA also has fantastic training opportunities and is proud to be part of a forward-thinking, sector leading, highly regarded Association.
What is your best ASRA memory?
Best ASRA memory…..Celtic Manor, the 1920s gala ball was amazing!!!
What does the ASRA Secretary do?
- Work with the association's administrator to ensure the successful administration of annual records and subscriptions
- To prepare and circulate papers for the AGM and production of minutes from the meetings
- To implement or follow-up any correspondence or action arising from decisions taken at committee meetings.
Full description of roles and responsibilities can be found in the members area.
- Read Next
- Meet the new Northern Rep - Katy Lemmon Northern Representative Katy Lemmon Jennie Mort (Sovereign Conference), Administrator
- November Regional Meetings - Save The Dates! What's on: #ASRAhour October The benefits of becomming an ASRA Member... Welcome your new ASRA Regional Reps! Regional Meetings June 2023: In Pictures