Lynn Wingate, Events Officer
ASRA Events Officer
Operations Manager, Sanctuary Students.
What do you enjoy most about working in student accommodation?
No two days are the same. It can be challenging and fast paced but I really enjoy the environment and the high standard of services we deliver as a team.
Can you provide details about a specific student accommodation project that you’ve been involved in, that you’re really proud of
I oversaw full refurbishment of a scheme that had 212 beds, 57 bathrooms, 27 kitchens and a study room in a traditional halls of residence. We had 9 weeks to deliver this development over summer period. It was close to the wire but we completed for student arrival! The results were fantastic and we had great feedback from students.
What does ASRA mean to you? Time to catch up with friends and colleagues! Networking, sharing experiences and best practice. ASRA also has fantastic training opportunities and is proud to be part of a forward thinking, sector leading, highly regarded Association.
What is your best ASRA memory?
Best ASRA memory…..Celtic manor, the 1920s gala ball was amazing!!!
What does the Events Office do?
- Assist in the organisation of events and training throughout the regions.
- Act as the primary contact and support on the management committee for the regional representatives.
- To assist in the organisation of the ASRA annual conference.
Full descriptions of roles and responsibilities can be found in the members area.
- Read Next
- Jennie Mort (Sovereign Conference), Administrator
- Member Spotlight: Paul Burns, Accommodation Office Manager, The University of Manchester August 2018! ASRA in the news! ASRA management meetings: behind the scenes Member Spotlight: Paula Dalziel, Manchester Metropolitan University Jennie Mort (Sovereign Conference), Administrator July 2018! ASRA in the news: Futureproofing ASRA!