ASRA Conference 2016
The Location: Belfast
Belfast is one of Europe’s most friendly and fashionable regional capitals. Described by Lonely Planet as a ‘must-see visitor destination’, it was also voted one of the world’s top 10 destinations by National Geographic Traveler in 2012. Referred to as a ‘treasure with an incredible atmosphere’, Belfast offers a variety of cultural, sporting, educational and social opportunities.
The Venue: Europa Hotel, Belfast
The World Famous Europa Hotel in Belfast is located in the heart of Belfast City Centre, designed
by architects, Sydney Kaye, Eric Firkin & Partners, opened in July 1971.
It was built on the site of the former Great Northern Railway station and stands 51 metres high. During The Troubles, the hotel, where most journalists covering The Troubles stayed, was known as Europe’s most bombed hotel, earning the name "the Hardboard Hotel”. The hotel was blown up by the Provisional IRA in 1993 and damaged so badly that it sold for only £4.4m.
The Keynote Speaker: David Meade
David Meade is a trainer, facilitator, broadcaster, researcher, and international speaker. He’s worked with organisations that include Apple, PwC, Harvard in Boston, the Cabinet Office in Westminster, Bombardier, and Bank of America, with whom he works on improving the way they work and perform through comprehensive management, leadership, and operational development programmes.
David is a first class honours graduate from Ulster University’s School of International Business. His work as a lecturer and award-winning researcher in business and strategy with one of Irelands leading Universities has built his reputation as one of Europe’s most sought-after organisational facilitators. David’s personal interests have always focused on aspects of organisational psychology, consumer behaviour and choice, and by combining these professional and personal passions with his dynamic and engaging presentation style.
David has become known for an innovative style that forces audiences to think critically about the challenges around them. Over 85% percent of his diary is spent working at the executive level on motivating and inspiring some of the largest and most diverse organisations to work more effectively. He cultivates decades of cutting edge research into management, organisations, and leadership to build scientifically sound and evidence based development programs that create demonstrable improvements in even the largest companies.
David receives continued acclaim from clients that recognise the strong business value he offers organisations.
Over 30 training session run by industry professionals.
Some of the sessions offered include:
- Customer Service, how to really make a difference
- Student Accommodation 2016: the wood and the trees
- Are drugs and issue in my university and if they are, how do I manage this?
- Ask the expert- about legal matters
- The International Town and Gown Association Model: a case study for effective program and partnerships- a Boulder approach
- We don' know what we don't know- so how do we find out
- Read Next
- ASRA in University Business Magazine, February 2017
- October 2018! ASRA in the news! Driving up standards through partnership working. November 2018! ASRA in the news! Keeping it SNUG in Sheffield Member Spotlight: Matthew Parkin, Service & Sales Manager, Unite Students Member Spotlight: Paul Burns, Accommodation Office Manager, The University of Manchester August 2018! ASRA in the news! ASRA management meetings: behind the scenes